Search For Books - By Author, Title Or Keyword
Welcome to Longfellow Books
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 14th
Head to Longfellow Books on Saturday, December 14 from 11-2 to meet a wide range of local authors as they play bookseller for a day giving their recommendations for great holiday gifts and signing copies of their own books.
Authors include: Brock Clarke, Paul Doiron, Lily King, Lincoln Paine, Lewis Robinson, Bill Roorbach, Monica Wood
Check Out Our Bestsellers of 2019!
1. The Overstory by Richard Powers
2. If I Built a School by Chris Van Dusen
3. Conversations with Friends by Sally Rooney
4. Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
5. Born a Crime by Trevor Noah
6. Searching for Stars on an Island in Maine by Alan Lightman
7. A Piglet Named Mercy by Kate DiCamillo
8. On Earth We're Briefly Gorgeous by Ocean Vuong
9. The Power by Naomi Alderman
10. Less by Andrew Sean Greer
11. Circe by Madeline Miller
12. Becoming by Michelle Obama
13. Educated by Tara Westover
14. Washington Black by Esi Edugyan
15. Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman
Our Used Book Buying Policy
•WE WILL TEMPORARILY STOP TAKING USED BOOKS ON THURSDAY, DECEMBER 5, 2019. PLEASE CHECK IN AFTER THE HOLIDAYS.
• We pay store credit for used books, not cash.
• Our buyers cannot process any books on the spot.
• We pay approximately 30% of what we decide to charge for a book. So if we price something at $8, we’ll give you $2.40 in store credit for it.
• We take one bag or box at a time, and you can drop off books whenever we're open*. We will call you once we go through your books (it takes us about a week, unless we’re buried very deep) to tell you how much store credit you’re getting.
*We may go through periods when we get overloaded and have to temporarily pause, so please call or check our website before bringing books in.
• We take many different kinds of books (paperbacks & hardcovers, fiction & nonfiction), but our selection varies with supply & demand.
However, we usually will not buy:
•Books that are in generally poor condition (torn or yellowed pages, missing dustcovers, split spines, etc.)
•Books with underlining or highlighting
•Textbooks and outdated reference books (travel guides, etc.)
•Non-book items (magazines, journals, calendars, DVDs, CDs, etc.)
•Currently, we are not taking kids books or young adult/middle reader books, cookbooks, or oversized coffee table/art books.
• If there are books we don’t take, we can either donate them to Goodwill or you can pick them back up. We will ask your preference when you drop them off. If you elect to pick books back up, we ask that you pick them up within 7 days of when we contact you. After that, we reserve the right to donate them.
Indie Next List
No front page content has been created yet.