Search For Books - By Author, Title Or Keyword
Welcome to Longfellow Books
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 24TH AT 7PM
Please join us for a thrilling evening with John Connelly as he celebrates the 20th anniversary of his Charlie Parker series and reads from the latest enstallment, A Book of Bones.
Our friends at the Illustration Institute have some great upcoming events/workshops with artists and illustrators.
Check out their summer events here: https://www.illustrationinstitute.org/
Check Out This Week's Bestsellers!
1. The Overstory by Richard Powers
2. SEARCHING FOR STARS ON AN ISLAND IN MAINE by ALAN LIGHTMAN
3. BLOWOUT by RACHEL MADDOW
4. CONVERSATIONS WITH FRIENDS by SALLY ROONEY
5. NEW PORTLAND MAINE CHEFS TABLE by MARGARET HATHAWAY
6. BEYOND THE TRUTH A DETECTIVE BYRON MYSTERY by BRUCE ROBERT COFFIN
7. BEST AMER SHORT STORIES 2019 edited by ANTHONY DOERR
8. DUTCH HOUSE by ANN PATCHETT
9. BOOK OF DUST BK 02 THE SECRET COMMONWEALTH by PHILLIP PULLMAN
10. TESTAMENTS by MARGARET ATWOOD
11. DRIVE YOUR PLOW OVER THE BONES OF THE DEAD by OLGA TOKARCZUK
12. TALKING TO STRANGERS by MALCOM GLADWELL
13. FULL THROTTLE by JOE HILL
14. ELEANOR OLIPHANT IS COMPLETELY FINE by GAIL HONEYMAN
15. HOW TO BE AN ANTIRACIST by IBRAM X. KENDI
Our Used Book Buying Policy
• We pay store credit for used books, not cash.
• Our buyers cannot process any books on the spot.
• We pay approximately 30% of what we decide to charge for a book. So if we price something at $8, we’ll give you $2.40 in store credit for it.
• We take one bag or box at a time, and you can drop off books whenever we're open*. We will call you once we go through your books (it takes us about a week, unless we’re buried very deep) to tell you how much store credit you’re getting.
*We may go through periods when we get overloaded and have to temporarily pause, so please call or check our website before bringing books in.
• We take many different kinds of books (paperbacks & hardcovers, fiction & nonfiction), but our selection varies with supply & demand.
However, we usually will not buy:
•Books that are in generally poor condition (torn or yellowed pages, missing dustcovers, split spines, etc.)
•Books with underlining or highlighting
•Textbooks and outdated reference books (travel guides, etc.)
•Non-book items (magazines, journals, calendars, DVDs, CDs, etc.)
•Currently, we are not taking kids books or young adult/middle reader books, cookbooks, or oversized coffee table/art books.
• If there are books we don’t take, we can either donate them to Goodwill or you can pick them back up. We will ask your preference when you drop them off. If you elect to pick books back up, we ask that you pick them up within 7 days of when we contact you. After that, we reserve the right to donate them.
Indie Next List
No front page content has been created yet.