Search For Books - By Author, Title Or Keyword
By Book or By Crook (A Lighthouse Library Mystery #1) (Mass Market)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the A Lighthouse Library Mystery series.
- #2: Booked for Trouble (A Lighthouse Library Mystery #2) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #3: Reading Up a Storm (A Lighthouse Library Mystery #3) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #4: The Spook in the Stacks: A Lighthouse Library Mystery (Paperback): $15.99
- #5: Something Read Something Dead: A Lighthouse Library Mystery (Mass Market): $7.99
- #6: Read and Buried: A Lighthouse Library Mystery (Mass Market): $7.99
- #7: A Death Long Overdue: A Lighthouse Library Mystery (Paperback): $16.99
- #8: Deadly Ever After (A Lighthouse Library Mystery #8) (Paperback): $16.99
- #9: Death By Beach Read (A Lighthouse Library Mystery #9) (Hardcover): $26.99
- #10: Death Knells and Wedding Bells (A Lighthouse Library Mystery #10) (Hardcover): $26.99
Get bound up in murder in the first Lighthouse Library mystery!
For ten years Lucy has enjoyed her job poring over rare tomes of literature for the Harvard Library, but she has not enjoyed the demands of her family’s social whorl or her sort-of-engagement to the staid son of her father’s law partner. But when her ten-year relationship implodes, Lucy realizes that the plot of her life is in need of a serious rewrite.
Calling on her aunt Ellen, Lucy hopes that a little fun in the Outer Banks sun—and some confections from her cousin Josie’s bakery—will help clear her head. But her retreat quickly turns into an unexpected opportunity when Aunt Ellen gets her involved in the lighthouse library tucked away on Bodie Island.
Lucy is thrilled to land a librarian job in her favorite place in the world. But when a priceless first edition Jane Austen novel is stolen and the chair of the library board is murdered, Lucy suddenly finds herself ensnared in a real-life mystery—and she’s not so sure there’s going to be a happy ending....
About the Author
Eva Gates is the author of the national bestselling Lighthouse Library mysteries. She began her writing career as a Sunday writer: a single mother of three high-spirited daughters, with a full-time job as a computer programmer. Now she has more than twenty novels under her belt in the mystery genre, published under the name Vicki Delany. She lives in Ontario.
Praise for By Book or By Crook
“By Book or By Crook is a smart whodunit. Assistant librarian Lucy, is a likeable heroine among an engaging cast of supporting characters.”—Sofie Kelly, New York Times bestselling author of the Magical Cats mysteries
“A library in a lighthouse? And a cat? Sign me up! A fun read for all cozy fans.”—Laurie Cass, national bestselling author of the Bookmobile Cat mysteries
“This is a first-rate cozy mystery featuring a spunky librarian, a captivating book collection, an intriguing lighthouse, and plenty of twists and turns to keep you reading until dawn.”—Daryl Wood Gerber, national bestselling author of the Cookbook Nook mysteries