Search For Books - By Author, Title Or Keyword
Deadly Appraisal (Josie Prescott Antiques Mysteries #2) (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 2 in the Josie Prescott Antiques Mysteries series.
- #6: Deadly Threads Lib/E: A Josie Prescott Antiques Mystery (Josie Prescott Antiques Mysteries #6) (Compact Disc): $90.00
- #7: Dolled Up for Murder (Josie Prescott Antiques Mysteries #7) (Hardcover): $34.99
- #8: Lethal Treasure Lib/E (Josie Prescott Antiques Mysteries #8) (Compact Disc): $90.00
- #9: Blood Rubies Lib/E (Josie Prescott Antiques Mysteries #9) (Compact Disc): $90.00
- #10: Ornaments of Death Lib/E (Josie Prescott Antiques Mysteries #10) (Compact Disc): $105.00
- #13: Hidden Treasure: A Josie Prescott Antiques Mystery (Josie Prescott Antiques Mysteries #13) (Hardcover): $26.99
- #14: Jane Austen's Lost Letters: A Josie Prescott Antiques Mystery (Josie Prescott Antiques Mysteries #14) (Hardcover): $26.99
Josie Prescott is settling into her new life in New Hampshire. Her antiques business is thriving, she's beginning to make some close friends, and her relationship with the local police chief is becoming more interesting. Not bad for someone who has completely uprooted her life as a New York City auction house expert in order to get a fresh start in a small New England town.
With so much suddenly to lose, Josie can't help but worry when murder invades her seemingly quiet community. Josie is sponsoring the Portsmouth Women's Guild Annual Black and Gold Gala and is looking forward to receiving a kindly worded thank-you for her efforts. Instead, the Guild representative, Maisy Gaylor, dies a horrible death in the midst of the banquet. Who could have wanted to kill earnest, drab little Maisy? "Funny, isn't it," muses the hostile Detective Rowcliff, "how a lot of people end up dead when no one has any enemies."
Everyone who had access to the wine Maisy drank, including Josie herself, soon comes under suspicion. Can Josie manage to ferret out the truth, keep her business running smoothly, and continue to put down roots in her new town, or will everything prove too much for her to handle on her own?
About the Author
JANE K. CLELAND once owned a New Hampshire-based antiques and rare books business. She is the author of nearly twenty novels and short stories in the beloved Josie Prescott Antiques mystery series, is the winner of two David Awards for Best Novel, and has been a finalist for the Agatha, Macavity, and Anthony Awards. Jane is the former president of the New York chapter of the Mystery Writers of America and chairs the Wolfe Pack’s Black Orchid Novella Award in partnership with Alfred Hitchcock Mystery Magazine. She won the Agatha Award for both of her books on the craft of writing, Mastering Suspense, Structure and Plot and Mastering Plot Twists. She is part of the fulltime English faculty at Lehman College, a contributing editor for Writer’s Digest magazine, and lives in New York City.