Search For Books - By Author, Title Or Keyword
Harbour Street: A Vera Stanhope Mystery (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 6 in the Vera Stanhope series.
- #1: The Crow Trap: The First Vera Stanhope Mystery (Paperback): $17.99
- #2: Telling Tales: A Vera Stanhope Mystery (Paperback): $17.99
- #3: Hidden Depths: A Vera Stanhope Mystery (Paperback): $17.99
- #4: Silent Voices: A Vera Stanhope Mystery (Paperback): $9.99
- #5: The Glass Room: A Vera Stanhope Mystery (Paperback): $17.99
- #7: The Moth Catcher: A Vera Stanhope Mystery (Paperback): $17.99
- #8: The Seagull: A Vera Stanhope Mystery (Paperback): $17.99
- #9: The Darkest Evening: A Vera Stanhope Novel (Paperback): $16.99
- #10: The Rising Tide: A Vera Stanhope Novel (Hardcover): $27.99
From Ann Cleeves—New York Times bestselling and award-winning author of the Vera and Shetland series, both of which are hit TV shows—comes Harbour Street.
“Ann Cleeves is one of my favorite mystery writers.”—Louise Penny
As the snow falls thickly on Newcastle, the shouts and laughter of Christmas revelers break the muffled silence. Detective Joe Ashworth and his daughter Jessie are swept along in the jostling crowd onto the Metro.
But when the train is stopped due to the bad weather, and the other passengers fade into the swirling snow, Jessie notices that one lady hasn't left the train: Margaret Krukowski has been fatally stabbed.
Arriving at the scene, DI Vera Stanhope is relieved to have an excuse to escape the holiday festivities. As she stands on the silent, snow-covered station platform, Vera feels a familiar buzz of anticipation, sensing that this will be a complex and unusual case.
Then, just days later, a second woman is murdered. Vera knows that to find the key to this new killing she needs to understand what had been troubling Margaret so deeply before she died - before another life is lost. She can feel in her bones that there's a link. Retracing Margaret's final steps, Vera finds herself searching deep into the hidden past of this seemingly innocent neighborhood, led by clues that keep revolving around one street...Harbour Street.
Told with piercing prose and a forensic eye, Ann Cleeves' gripping novel explores what happens when a community closes ranks to protect their own-and at what point silent witnesses become complicit.
About the Author
ANN CLEEVES is the multi-million copy bestselling author behind three hit television series—Shetland, starring Douglas Henshall, Vera, starring Academy Award Nominee Brenda Blethyn, and The Long Call, starring Ben Aldridge—all of which are watched and loved in the United States. All three are available on BritBox.
The first Shetland novel, Raven Black, won the Crime Writers' Association Gold Dagger for best crime novel, and Ann was awarded the CWA Diamond Dagger in 2017. She was awarded the OBE in 2022 for services to reading and libraries. Ann lives in the United Kingdom.