Search For Books - By Author, Title Or Keyword
Death in St. Petersburg: A Lady Emily Mystery (Lady Emily Mysteries #12) (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 12 in the Lady Emily Mysteries series.
- #1: And Only to Deceive (Lady Emily Mysteries #1) (Paperback): $16.99
- #2: A Poisoned Season (Lady Emily Mysteries #2) (Paperback): $16.99
- #3: A Fatal Waltz (Lady Emily Mysteries #3) (Paperback): $15.99
- #4: Tears of Pearl: A Novel of Suspense (Lady Emily Mysteries #4) (Paperback): $17.99
- #5: Dangerous to Know: A Novel of Suspense (Lady Emily Mysteries #5) (Paperback): $17.99
- #6: A Crimson Warning: A Lady Emily Mystery (Lady Emily Mysteries #6) (Paperback): $22.99
- #7: Death in the Floating City: A Lady Emily Mystery (Lady Emily Mysteries #7) (Paperback): $19.99
- #8: Behind the Shattered Glass: A Lady Emily Mystery (Lady Emily Mysteries #8) (Paperback): $19.99
- #9: The Counterfeit Heiress: A Lady Emily Mystery (Lady Emily Mysteries #9) (Paperback): $9.99
- #10: The Adventuress: A Lady Emily Mystery (Lady Emily Mysteries #10) (Paperback): Email or call for price.
- #11: A Terrible Beauty: A Lady Emily Mystery (Lady Emily Mysteries #11) (Paperback): $23.99
- #13: Uneasy Lies the Crown: A Lady Emily Mystery (Lady Emily Mysteries #13) (Paperback): $17.99
- #14: In the Shadow of Vesuvius: A Lady Emily Mystery (Lady Emily Mysteries #14) (Paperback): $17.99
- #15: The Dark Heart of Florence: A Lady Emily Mystery (Lady Emily Mysteries #15) (Hardcover): $27.99
- #16: Secrets of the Nile: A Lady Emily Mystery (Lady Emily Mysteries #16) (Hardcover): $27.99
- #17: A Cold Highland Wind: A Lady Emily Mystery (Lady Emily Mysteries #17) (Hardcover): $28.00
From New York Times bestselling author Tasha Alexander comes the latest installment in the Lady Emily series. Death in St. Petersburg is a gripping new tale that will mesmerize fans of historical fiction and classic mysteries alike.
After the final curtain of Swan Lake, an animated crowd exits the Mariinsky theatre brimming with excitement from the night’s performance. But outside the scene is somber. A ballerina’s body lies face down in the snow, blood splattered like rose petals over the costume of the Swan Queen. The crowd is silenced by a single cry— “Nemetseva is dead!”
Amongst the theatergoers is Lady Emily, accompanying her dashing husband Colin in Russia on assignment from the Crown. But it soon becomes clear that Colin isn’t the only one with work to do. When the dead ballerina’s aristocratic lover comes begging for justice, Emily must apply her own set of skills to discover the rising star’s murderer. Her investigation takes her on a dance across the stage of Tsarist Russia, from the opulence of the Winter Palace, to the modest flats of ex-ballerinas and the locked attics of political radicals. A mysterious dancer in white follows closely behind, making waves through St. Petersburg with her surprise performances and trail of red scarves. Is it the sweet Katenka, Nemetseva’s childhood friend and favorite rival? The ghost of the murdered étoile herself? Or, something even more sinister?
About the Author
TASHA ALEXANDER is the author of the New York Times bestselling Lady Emily mystery series. The daughter of two philosophy professors, she studied English literature and medieval history at the University of Notre Dame. She and her husband, novelist Andrew Grant, live on a ranch in southeastern Wyoming.
“Consistently witty, smart, and entertaining.” —Booklist
"Alexander is at the top of her game...(her) impeccable research and smart storytelling keep
readers on the edge of their seats...A gripping tale by a grand mistress of the genre."—RT
Book Reviews (Top Pick)
“The breathtaking beauty of St. Petersburg before the Russian Revolution provides a dazzling backdrop for murder. . . . The purest mystery among Alexander's adventures presents a challenging puzzle, a historically interesting period, and detailed descriptions of one of the world's most beautiful cities.” —Kirkus Reviews
"In addition to a satisfying puzzle and the always appealing protagonist, Alexander delivers a memorable portrait of a fairy-tale city dancing on the brink of revolution." —Publishers Weekly
On the Lady Emily Mystery Series:
“Author Tasha Alexander is one to watch--and read. . . . despite her cliffhanger climaxes and witty repartee, there's a depth of sensitivity which sets her apart.” —The Huffington Post on Dangerous to Know
“With wisps of darkness, shadows of a ghost story and embers of heightened Freudian themes, Dangerous to Know is the perfect novel to curl up with and chase away the world.” —Examiner.com
“Infused with wit and charm, with just the right amounts of danger, romance and detection blended in.” —Denver Post on Tears of Pearl
“[Tears of Pearl] will please readers of Anne Perry, Laurie R. King, and Deanna Raybourn seeking a new fan-favorite author.” —Library Journal on Tears of Pearl
“A thoroughly enjoyable adventure with both historical texture and emotional depth.” —Anne Perry, New York Times bestselling author on A Fatal Waltz
“Alexander's sweetly choreographed plot dances between her wonderfully drawn sleuth, Lady Ashton, and Victorian high society.” —Julie Spencer-Fleming, Edgar Award finalist and author of All Mortal Flesh on A Poisoned Season
“Alexander excels in depicting the social mores of a society uncomfortable with the independence of women, and deftly allows the plot to develop in tandem with Emily's growth.” —The Baltimore Sun on And Only to Deceive