Search For Books - By Author, Title Or Keyword
Tell-Tale Bones: A Sarah Booth Delaney Mystery (Hardcover)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 26 in the A Sarah Booth Delaney Mystery series.
- #12: Bonefire of the Vanities (A Sarah Booth Delaney Mystery #12) (Paperback): $22.99
- #14: Booty Bones: A Sarah Booth Delaney Mystery (Mass Market): Email or call for price.
- #15: Bone to Be Wild: A Sarah Booth Delaney Mystery (Mass Market): $7.99
- #17: Sticks and Bones: A Sarah Booth Delaney Mystery (Paperback): $22.99
- #18: Charmed Bones: A Sarah Booth Delaney Mystery (Mass Market): $7.99
- #19: A Gift of Bones: A Sarah Booth Delaney Mystery (Mass Market): $7.99
- #20: Game of Bones: A Sarah Booth Delaney Mystery (Mass Market): $7.99
- #21: The Devil's Bones: A Sarah Booth Delaney Mystery (Hardcover): $26.99
- #22: A Garland of Bones: A Sarah Booth Delaney Mystery (Mass Market): $7.99
- #23: Independent Bones: A Sarah Booth Delaney Mystery (Hardcover): $26.99
- #24: Lady of Bones: A Sarah Booth Delaney Mystery (Hardcover): $26.99
- #25: Bones of Holly: A Sarah Booth Delaney Mystery (Hardcover): $26.99
- #27: Lights, Camera, Bones (A Sarah Booth Delaney Mystery #27) (Hardcover): $28.00
Carolyn Haines's Tell-Tale Bones marks the next novel in the series that Kirkus Reviews characterizes as “Stephanie Plum meets the Ya-Ya Sisterhood” featuring sassy Southern private investigator Sarah Booth Delaney.
Private Investigator Sarah Booth Delaney and her partner Tinkie are in Sheriff Coleman Peters's office, consulting Coleman about cold cases, when Elisa Redd storms in with a case of her own. She wants Coleman to reopen the investigation of her missing daughter, Lydia Redd Maxell, the heiress to a large fortune who disappeared along with her friend Bethany nearly seven years ago. Lydia and Bethany were rumored to be working as human rights organizers abroad, but Elisa suspects Lydia’s problems might have stemmed closer to home. Now Lydia’s husband, Tope, is set to inherit the fortune, and Elisa believes he’s behind the disappearance.
Sarah Booth and Tinkie soon connect the case to a series of mysterious disappearances over the years, as well as to a perplexing recurring dream. With another woman’s life at stake, the friends follow an increasingly twisty trail all over Sunflower County, leading them to a tree and an empty grave in the county cemetery. A grave that’s said to be haunted…
About the Author
Carolyn Haines is the USA Today bestselling author of the Sarah Booth Delaney mystery series and a number of other books in mystery and crime, including the Pluto's Snitch paranormal-historical mystery series, and Trouble, the black cat detective romantic suspense books. She is the recipient of the Harper Lee Award for Distinguished Writing, the Richard Wright Award for Literary Excellence, and the Mississippi Writers Guild Lifetime Achievement Award. She is a former journalist, bartender, photographer, farmhand, and college professor and lives on a farm where she works with rescue cats, dogs, and horses.
"Full of Southern charm." —Kirkus Reviews
"Climactic and satisfying." —Tuscaloosa News
"Fascinating characters dripping in grit and Southern charm highlight a twisty puzzler." —Kirkus Reviews on Bones of Holly
"Charm-drenched....Fans will love catching up with their favorite detectives, who never forget that they are Southern ladies at heart." —Publishers Weekly on Bones of Holly
“Haines shows Sarah at her madcap best back in her hometown in this clever adventure. This is crazy cozy with a little something for everyone: paranormal doings, plenty of Evanovich zaniness, and a cast of eccentrics.”
—Booklist on Bone to Be Wild
“Enjoyable…Jitty, the headstrong ghost who shares Sarah Booth’s family home, is just one of the many well-drawn characters who help bring this Southern tale to colorful life.” —Publishers Weekly on Rock-a-Bye Bones
"Distinctive characters and an atmospheric setting elevate this paranormal cozy. Series fans and newcomers alike will be satisfied." —Publishers Weekly on Game of Bones
"A dark mystery, effectively framed by its well-drawn Mississippi Delta setting." —Booklist on Game of Bones
"A sure pleaser in both the mystery and the romance department. If you like a satisfying cozy Southern whodunit, Charmed Bones fits the bill." —RT Book Reviews