Search For Books - By Author, Title Or Keyword
On the Hook: A Crochet Mystery (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 12 in the A Crochet Mystery series.
- #1: Hooked on Murder (A Crochet Mystery #1) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #2: Dead Men Don't Crochet (A Crochet Mystery #2) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #3: By Hook or by Crook (A Crochet Mystery #3) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #4: A Stitch in Crime (A Crochet Mystery #4) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #5: You Better Knot Die (A Crochet Mystery #5) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #7: Behind the Seams (A Crochet Mystery #7) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #9: Knot Guilty (A Crochet Mystery #9) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #10: Seams Like Murder (A Crochet Mystery #10) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #11: Hooking for Trouble (A Crochet Mystery #11) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #13: Hooks Can Be Deceiving: A Crochet Mystery (Hardcover): $26.99
- #14: One for the Hooks: A Crochet Mystery (Hardcover): $26.99
By hook or crook, Molly will clear her name in On the Hook, national bestseller Betty Hechtman’s irresistible twelfth Crochet Mystery.
The Tarzana Hookers crochet club could come apart at the seams when thwarted ambition, shady ethics, and a puzzling murder converge.
Molly Pink and the Tarzana Hookers are busy crocheting baby blankets for charity, but before long, they’re tangled up in a mystery that may be their unraveling. The Hookers are a tight-knit group, but some of the members harbor secret aspirations. Adele dreams of becoming an actress, and her acting coach has filled her head with promises of a career as a crochet show host. Elise Belmont has earned her real estate license and is itching to show her first house. But when the house’s tenant turns up dead from a pink squirrel cocktail laced with cyanide, the Hookers could be in double treble.
It turns out that the dead man was Adele’s acting coach, Timothy Clark. And Molly gets wound up in the case after accidentally leaving a scarf she designed at the murder scene. Detective Barry Greenberg, one of Molly’s exes, quickly stitches together that the scarf is hers. Lawyer Mason Fields (another of Molly’s exes) has her head swimming in legalese. For Molly, the only way out is by learning who really killed Timothy, and why.
Crochet patterns and a delicious recipe included!
About the Author
Betty Hechtman was born in Chicago, Illinois and on a particularly eventful weekend graduated college, got married and moved to Los Angeles, California. She has a degree in Fine Arts and has had a variety of professions. Her love of mysteries started with Nancy Drew and blossomed when she began to read Agatha Christie’s books. She has been doing handicrafts since she was a child. It is like a dream come true to be able to mix mystery and yarn craft in her books.
Praise for the Crochet mysteries:
“Crochet fans will love the patterns in the back, and others will enjoy unraveling the knots leading to the killer.”
—Publishers Weekly on Knot Guilty
“A perfect group of crafters to have an armchair adventure with.”
—Open Book Society on Knot Guilty
"Betty Hechtman has written a charming mystery. Who can resist a sleuth named Pink, a slew of interesting minor characters and a fun fringe-of-Hollywood setting? Get hooked on this great new author!"
—Monica Ferris, author of the Needlecraft mysteries on Hooked on Murder
“A gentle and charming novel that will warm the reader like a favorite afghan. Its quirky and likable characters are appealing and real. A delightful addition to the mystery genre.”
—Earlene Fowler, author of the Benni Harper mysteries on Hooked on Murder