Search For Books - By Author, Title Or Keyword
Our Used Book Buying Policy
Trade in your used books for store credit!
Current intake procedure as of 5/14/21:
•We are taking in used books again, one bag or small box (easily carried by one person) at a time, by appointment only. Please call the store to set a day for your drop-off (207) 772-4045.
•If you have more than one bag/box to bring in, please don't make your next appointment until we've let you know we've processed the first bag/box.
For the time being, anyone that brings in used books without having scheduled an appointment will be told that we can’t take them that day. We apologize for any inconvenience.
How it works:
• We pay store credit for used books, not cash.
• Our buyers cannot process books on the spot.
• We pay approximately 30% of what we decide to charge for a book. So if we price something at $8, we’ll give you $2.40 in store credit for it.
• We take one bag or small box at a time. We will call you once we go through your books (usually within a few days, unless we’re buried very deep) to tell you how much store credit you’re getting.
• We take many different kinds of books (paperbacks & hardcovers, fiction & nonfiction), but our selection varies with supply & demand.
However, we usually will not buy:
•Books that are in generally poor condition (torn or yellowed pages, missing dustcovers, split spines, etc.)
•Books with underlining or highlighting
•Textbooks and outdated reference books (travel guides, etc.)
•Non-book items (magazines, journals, calendars, DVDs, CDs, etc.)
•Currently, we are not taking kids books or YA/middle reader books, cookbooks, or oversized coffee table/art books.
• If there are books we don’t take, we can either donate them to Goodwill or you can pick them back up. We will ask your preference when you drop them off. If you elect to pick books back up, we ask that you pick them up within 7 days of when we contact you. After that, we reserve the right to donate them.